Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Evolution of the Blue Jay

Well, I must have made about six different tails for this little guy before I ended up with what you see here.

But I'm still not happy with it. I looked at some pictures online of real blue jays and realize that I've got the shape completely wrong. I think the tail I ended up with might be more suitable on a sparrow or something. So I'll be going back to the drawing board later today.

I also want to make the wings differently. The right wing turned out nice with its shaping, but in order to have the left wing show the "right" side, I had to do its shaping a little differently and it didn't turn out as nice. I'd like to come up with something that can be interchangeable...as in it doesn't matter which side of the body you sew the wing on, it'll look good.

I think, too, that I'll change the beak a little bit... It's a bit too long and skinny.

Strangely, this is really the first of my creations that I haven't been completely happy with by the time I'm done! Does this make me a "real" designer??? :)

1 comment:

~CraftyMummy2two~ said...

ITs adorable I think IT looks great