First, is a tunic/sweater for K's American Girl Doll:
On the right, is the "back" piece of the tunic. And I just cast on the front piece on the needle to the left.
I haven't taken another picture yet, but I finished the new piece that is shown as just cast on here. However, the piece I cast on is now the back piece since there appears to be an error in the pattern that results in the piece being made "inside out"...if that makes sense. In this picture, you're supposed to be seeing the right side of the piece...meaning, the stockinette stitching is all nice and purty. But you're seeing the wrong side of the ruffled hem.
The ruffle has this nice detail to it:
So I decided to redo the back piece and then frog the piece I'd already made all the way down to the ruffle.
I'm almost done, now, with the front piece. Then I have the sleeves to knit, stitch it all together, and add the neckline. I'm using a pattern from Knits for Girls and Dolls (seen through my Ravelry projects).
The other project I rediscovered is The Queen's Shrug. I have a bunch of JoAnn's Sensations Rainbow Boucle that I wanted to find a use for....and I guess the shrug was my solution. I never finished it....heck, I didn't even finish one sleeve of it, yet. :)
But I do like the softness of the fabric and the texture. I plan on working on it again when I get the AGD sweater finished.
In the meantime, K's shrug of my own design has taken a back seat. :)